IGROUP PRESENCE QUESTIONNAIRE (IPQ)
The Igroup Presence Questionnaire (IPQ) is a scale for measuring the sense of presence experienced in a virtual environment (VE). It has been constructed using a large pool of items and two survey waves with approximately 500 participants. It was originally constructed in German, but is now also available in English and Dutch.
computer science | psychology | art | engineering | design | media sciences | architecture
weimar | jena | ulm | leipzig | bonn | hong kong | eindhoven | freiburg | london | dunedin | hull | oslo
In many Augmented Reality (AR) systems computer vision techniques are used to track user position and orientation, or to provide visual input for video see-through systems. Taking advantage of this we have developed the Magic Pen (MP) interface, where a real pen with Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) mounted on it is tracked by a head mounted camera. The goal is to have an intuitive to use 5 degree of freedom (DOF) input device where the object affordances suggest how the object is to be used and match the requirements of the task.
- intuitive interaction device for AR and VR
- inexpensive (less than EUR 10,-)
- works with all camera based systems
- can be used with popular ARToolKit library
- 3D product evaluation
- VR research and development
- rapid prototyping and digital mockup
- architectural walkthrough and modeling
- interface evaluation (3D User Interfaces - 3DUI)
- testbed for experimental studies
- educational training
- ...in almost all AR and VR setups
- Regenbrecht, H.T., Baratoff, G., Poupyrev, I., and Billinghurst, M (2001). Wireless Interaction in AR Environments - The Magic Pen. Short paper presented at International Sympoium on Mixed Reality, March 2001, Yokohama/Japan.