Project description as PDF document
IGROUP PRESENCE QUESTIONNAIRE (IPQ)
The Igroup Presence Questionnaire (IPQ) is a scale for measuring the sense of presence experienced in a virtual environment (VE). It has been constructed using a large pool of items and two survey waves with approximately 500 participants. It was originally constructed in German, but is now also available in English and Dutch.
computer science | psychology | art | engineering | design | media sciences | architecture
weimar | jena | ulm | leipzig | bonn | hong kong | eindhoven | freiburg | london | dunedin | hull | oslo
voxDesign – Sketching in 3D
voxDesign is an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) tool supporting the
early phases of design processes. It allows a very easy approach to
sketching within a three-dimensional environment using a pen metaphor.
The user can immediately sketch his or her ideas in a 1:1 scale without
any specific training or assistance. Like coarse ink, small cubes, or
so called voxels can be set or drawn into space while simultaneously
walking and looking around like in the real world.
- support for an immersive VR setup of an head-mounted display, 6DOF
tracking system Polhemus Fastrak with Polhemus Stylus (optional 3Ball)
- runs on SGI mid- and high-end workstations like Indigo_ and Onyx
- can ideally be used in combination with platform installation (www.igroup.org/projects/platform/)
- GUI based individual configuration
- simple, and therefore easy to use menu within the virtual environment
- 3D architectural and artistic modeling
- VR research and development
- educational training
- used in educational training at Bauhaus-University Weimar
- Regenbrecht, H., & Donath, D. (1997). Architectural Education and
Virtual Reality Aided Design (VRAD). In Daniela Bertol (ed.). Designing
Digital Space - An Architectęs Guide to Virtual Reality. John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., New York/NY.
- empty voxel-room, maximum eight walls for bitmapping
- empty voxelroom with mapped walls and floor
- voxDesign Menu: sixteen colors and three functions
- voxDesign entryRoom, external gui for configuring the virtual environment
- student projects in voxDesign, snaphots from the environment